Company Incorporation | Company Secretary | Tax Agent | 2 mins read | Last updated on 30 June 2019
What is a Corporate Service Provider?
Basically, a Corporate Service Provider (CSP) is a person who provides business support services such as Company Incorporation Services, Accounting Services, Company Secretarial Services, Tax Services and etc. to other businesses. A CSP must be a Registered Filing Agent in order to carry out on behalf of any other person (for example, a customer) any transaction with the Registrar.
General requirements for being a registered filing agent.
- The person must be a business entity registered with ACRA.
- The person must act by or through at least one registered qualified individual.
- The person must be a fit and proper person, or show that his directors or partners or persons directly or indirectly taking part in or concerned in his management are fit and proper.
- The person must (if applicable) not less than 2 years have elapsed since the cancellation of his previous registration as a filing agent due to a sanction by ACRA.
General requirements for being a registered qualified individual.
- The person must be a qualified individual, which term is defined in the ACRA (Filing Agents and Qualified Individuals) Regulations to mean:
- an advocate and solicitor;
- a public accountant registered under the Accountants Act;
- a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants;
- a member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch);
- a member of the Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore;
- a member of the Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore; or
- a corporate secretarial agent; i.e. a person who is carrying on the business of providing corporate secretarial services for one or more companies and has been doing so for at least 3 years in the preceding 5 years; and has been a secretary of a company for at least 3 years in the preceding 5 years.;
- The person must be a fit and proper person; and
- The person must if applicable, not less than 2 years have elapsed since the cancellation of his previous registration as a qualified individual due to a sanction by ACRA.
Registered Filing Agent in Singapore – 1Click Services Pte. Limited